Monday, June 1, 2009

Bacon & Olive Pizza

I'd love for this to be a longer post, but as it turns out, I am leaving for sunny San Diego, California, in the morning! Yay to the maximum! I am going to visit my best friend of going on (gasp! we're old) 11 years, Alisha. We became besties when we both joined the swim team in the 10th grade...I guess that would have made it 1997...yikes!


For some reason, the night before I leave for a trip, I can never stop myself from going out and pre-celebrating, which I did by having my friends Kelly and Lindsey over for pizza, then going to Kelly's boyfriend's (and my good friends') basketball game - the playoffs! And they WON - along with the Penguins and the Braves: surely a good omen.


We followed up the game with a little more competition at Trivia Night at a nearby bar, and we came in 3rd place...which meant "winning" a free round of shots...ugh. Let's just say we took them like champions. (What did you expect?)

BACON & OLIVE PIZZA

INGREDIENTS

1 ball fresh pizza dough**
about 1/2-3/4 c. pizza sauce**
mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
green olives, sliced
kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, then chopped into bits
parmesan cheese for sprinkling
olive oil
cornmeal for the pizza stone

**Use the recipes from this post.


STEP ONE:

Preheat the oven to 425. Sprinkling a little flour on the counter and on a rolling pin, roll out the dough until desired thinness. Sprinkle cornmeal on the pizza stone. Transfer the pizza dough to the stone. Brush with a little olive oil.



STEP TWO:

Top with sauce, then the mozzarella. Spread the olives and bacon around on top of the cheese. Sprinkle some parmesan over the top of everything. Bake until the cheese in melty and getting browned, and the crust is crisp and browned on the edges. Slice, serve, and enjoy!


Thanks for reading! More soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails